Kindergarten Digital Learning Commons
Online Research Resources
A whole list of databases for your research and information.
Under the K-12 Resources, we have access to Gale, a wonderful resource for elemetary school-aged kids.
Use the password: maplesyrup
An education site with specific, encyclopedia-type information on history (including biographies), geography, science, and educational games.
A visual search engine: a website to find information that shows you images about the topic you're searching for.
Book Review Websites
Check out VPR's Podcast discussing the Dorothy's List books from 2016-2017
A wonderful website reviewing all the best new graphic novels for kids.
A list of over 2,000 girl-empowering books
A site for finding books from a diverse perspective
Increasing your computer skills will make online test-taking easier--and also allow you to have more fun with the computer! These games make learning computer skills a breeze.
Keyboarding (typing accurately and using the keyboard efficiently)
- Cup Stacking Keyboard Game- Type the letters in white to stack the cups. Accuracy is key.
- Jump Key- type the letters on the blocks to jump your little guy to the top. You start with lower case letters, then move on to more complicated stuff. Be careful, though, if you type the wrong thing, you'll have to go back to the beginning.
- Typing Club- learn to touch type. This simple tutorial will guide you through single letters all the way up to complicated words--all while letting you know your accuracy and speed.
- Letter Bubbles- Type the letters in the bubbles as they drift across the screen. If you see a red letter, when that bubble pops, it will pop all of the other bubbles in the play field. Get all the letters before they drift off to the left. Be sure to select "I don't want an account" at the beginning of the game.
Mouse skills (point, click, and drag)
- Bees and Honey- First you move the bees, then you click to open the flowers, then you help the bees collect the pollen. A basic look at point, click, and dragging icons with your mouse.
Vocabulary (computer words and their meanings)
- Computer Vocabulary- Find the hardware in this messy room--then guess the use of each piece of technology
- Cyber Five- Five simple rules to help you be safe on the internet.